Why Study Our Way
WAY American School Online offers Middle School and High School programs that not only enable students to earn an American High School Diploma, but supports them in acquiring knowledge, skills, and dispositions to put them on track to live a productive and satisfying life after graduating. With teachers support 24/7, a state of the art learning platform and contact with students from all over the world, we prepare young people to develop the 21st-century skills that will put them a step ahead in our fast-changing world.
What makes us different?
We change lives all around the world by preparing students to achieve academic and life success beyond school in our rapidly changing world. WAY American School Online is personalized to the learner, and provides an established and rigorous learning experience for high school students from anywhere in the world. We offer an innovative approach which blends:
- No wait time to register for classes: start when you want, where you want
- Optional live online classes with an American certified and qualified teacher with small class sizes
- 100% online
- Nationally and internationally accredited
- Learning at a pace that suits you. Opportunity to either accelerate or consolidate to quality
- Mentoring with specialist staff
- Teacher support 24/7
- College and career support to realize your purpose
- Earn an American high school diploma
- Specially devised learning platform integrated into our approach
- Become a life-long learner through our project-based learning platform
- Independent learning, with instructional feedback, which prepares students for college and success in their career of choice.
This blend combines project-based learning (PBL) and competency-based learning providing instructional strategies that encourage students to learn and apply knowledge and skills through an engaging experience. PBL presents opportunities for deeper learning in-context and for the development of important skills tied to college and career readiness. Project-based learning provides the opportunity to create experiential learning - that is, learning by doing or learning by creating real-life connections - done at a pace that is good for the student’s learning. This means our students know why they are learning something as there is context and purpose whilst developing mastery and long term learning in relation to clear standards and assessment.